MRMPO Planning Area: *NEW: Click here to learn about Metropolitan Planning Organizations!
What is the MRMPO?
The Federal Transportation Act requires each urbanized area with a population of 50,000 or more to set up a Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), to assure a continuing, comprehensive, and cooperative ("3C") transportation planning process. Additionally, Oregon administrative rules define an MPO as "the organization designated by the Governor to coordinate transportation planning in an urbanized area of the state."
This includes developing the area's long-range transportation plan (RTP), which addresses the region's projects, programs and policies for at least a 20-year period. It also includes maintaining the Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program (MTIP), which is a short-range document listing transportation projects to be built.
NEW! Public Participation Plan Draft is open for comment.
Visit our Plans and Programs page to review the draft.
NEW! The Rogue Valley Active Transportation Plan, Online Open House, is now live!
We are looking for input on the interactive map to help identify key destinations, routes, and areas of needed improvement to help inform the development of the Regional Active Transportation Routes. The survey asks about your experiences and preferences related to walking and biking in the Rogue Valley—this input will help inform the goals, prioritization of needs, and potential solutions within the plan.
Please share the links below with your communities and colleagues and send to any distribution list you think appropriate. The online open house can be accessed through the project website (www.walkbikeroguevalley.com) or by following the direct links below.
- Interactive Map: http://maps.kittelson.com/rvatp
- Active Transportation Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V9MDBYH
We kindly ask that you get the word out as soon as you can (and you are also welcome to participate). The survey and map will be open for responses until Wednesday, November 21.
What does the MRMPO do?
MRMPO carries out three major work activities to meet specific federal requirements. These are:
- The development and maintenance of the Middle Rogue Regional Transportation Plan (MRRTP) through a continuing, comprehensive, and cooperative ("3C") planning process.
- The biennial development of a 4-year program for highway and transit improvements. This program is known as the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
- The annual adoption of a comprehensive one-year planning program: the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP), which describes and coordinates the individual transportation planning activities of all agencies in the area.
- Click here for MRMPO Planning Area Map